Hello Friends, thanks to your many requests I've made boy clothes, yay! It was a little bit scary to venture out from my comfort zone but I'm so glad I did. I see more boy clothes in the future. I have a full video tutorial to go along with this pattern so if you have never made doll pants before don't be afraid to try!
Now the Dress Me Bunny has a pair of overalls, 2 different dresses, shoes plus a couple of accessory patterns. I'll link you up right here so you don't have to go searching, then just scroll down this page for the written pattern. There is a print
friendly option at the bottom of this page. I hope you enjoy!
Dress Me Bunny
Basket of Carrots
Spring Time Dress
The video tutorials are all in one playlist here
Copyright 2015 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
Red Heart Comfort yarn any color (to make the matching overalls to the Carrot Dress use Emerald 3233)
same hook size you used to make your bunny
regular sewing thread and needle
blunt end yarn needle for sewing
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet
FLO = Front Loops Only
f/o = finish off
Overall Pants: If you have troubles please view the video
1) ch 42
2) starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, 1sc in each ch (41) ch 2 and turn
3-7) start in the 3rd st from the hook, 1hdc in each st for 5 rows
8) 1hdc in each st for 1 row, connect the ends with your first hdc (41)
9) 1hdc in each st for 1 row
10) 1hdc in the next 2st, ch3 and sl st into the 20th st from the front of the ch
11) now working in the round to your left. 1hdc in the next 3st then 2hdc in the next st, repeat this 5
times. Add a marker into the last st you put in. *not including the separating chain this row now has 25st *Please note in the video for row 11 I did sc instead of hdc which is a mistake on my part. Please use hdc. I will be fixing the video asap.
12) 1hdc into 5 spaces or loops of the chain separating the pant legs then 1hdc in the remaining 25st of the row (30)
13-14) 1hdc in each st for 2 rows
15) 1sc in each of the FLO for 1 row
16) 1sc in each st for 1 row
sl st next st and f/o weave in yarn tail
2nd pant leg: insert yarn into the first st in front of the chain that separated the pant legs and go in the same direction you did when you made the first pant leg.
1) 1hdc in the next 4st (now for the remainder of the row, 1hdc in next 3st then 2hdc in next st, repeat this sequence 4 times) (not including the separating chain this row now has 25st) Remember to add a marker into the last stitch you put in before continuing on with row 2
2) 1hdc into 5 spaces of the chain that separated the pant legs. You will have to turn the edge of the chain upwards so you can crochet into it, then 1hdc in the remaining 25st of the row (30)
3-4) 1hdc in each st for 2 rows
5) 1sc in the FLO for 1 row
6) 1sc in each st for 1 row
sl st next st and f/o leave a tail for sewing
Flip pants inside out or right side out. That's the side it will stay on. Roll the bottom of the pant legs up the the ridge we created by crocheting in the FLO. You can add in a stitch or 2 if needed but they should stay rolled up on their own. Weave in yarn tails. Stitch up any gaps you see in the back of the pants. There might be a small gap where we connected the panel together on row 8. You can also sew the 2 corners together above the bunny tail hole or if you'd rather, you can sew on snaps or sew on a button. See video if my instructions are unclear.
1) ch 13
2) starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, 1sc in each ch (12) ch 2 and turn
3-8) 1hdc in each st for 6 rows ( ch 2 and turn at the end of every row. At the end of row 8 ch 3 and turn)
9) This row we make 2 button holes. sl st into the 4th st from the front of the ch then sl st the next 4st, ch 3 and sl st in the last st of the row. f/o leaving a long tail for sewing. Weave in the shorter yarn tail to hide it.
Straps make 2:
1) ch 22
2) starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, 1sc in each ch (21)
f/o leaving a tail for sewing. Weave in the shorter yarn tail to hide it. Make sure the buttons fit through the button hole then sew a button to the end of the strap that has no yarn tail. The other end gets sewn on the inside of the overalls as pictured.
Back Pockets: (these are optional)
1) ch 10
2) starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, 1sc in each ch (9) ch2 and turn
3-6) 1hdc in each st for 4 rows (ch2 and turn at the end of each row except for the end of row 6 and start in the 3rd st from the hook)
f/o leaving a long tail for sewing. Weave the shorter yarn tail in to hide it. When sewing around the pocket be sure to pierce the side stitches, sewing in a line down the edges of the pockets instead of wrapping (whip stitching) around the stitches. If you whip stitch this will create holes in the sides of the pockets.
if you would like to make a carrot as pictured, the pattern can be found here
And you're done. I hope you enjoyed this pattern. If you'd like to show off your bunny and overalls you can post pictures on my facebook page, I'd love to see!
My hope is that you have enjoyed this pattern. You may sell finished products. Do not reprint this pattern. If you'd like to share this pattern please link back to it.