measure to give you a better indication of size. There is also a Carrot Purse pattern available right here.
I hope you enjoy!
Copyright 2015 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
Attention members of all cross stitch and DIY sites
Read this copyright notice.
Orange, Green and Brown Red Heart Comfort yarn
4.00mm hook for basket
3.75mm hook for carrots
blunt end yarn needle for sewing
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
BLO = Back Loops Only
f/o = finish off
Read me ~> Work in continuous rounds, do not join. Add in a marker at the end of row 2 and move that marker at the end of every row. Read the rows the same way I explain how to read them in the Bunny patternCarrot: with orange (4 carrots fill the basket)
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 5st (5)
2) 1sc in each for 1 row
3) 2sc in first st then 1sc in next 4st (6)
4) 1sc in each st for 1 row
5) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (8)
6) 1sc in next 3st then 2sc in next st (10)
7) 1sc in each st for 1 row
sl st next st and f/o. Stuff the carrot with the remaining yarn tail
insert green into any back loop of row 7 and sc into every 2nd blo. f/o leave a short tail.
Root about 5 strands of green yarn through the carrot top. Cut to desired length. Split all the strands or leave them as they are.
Click on photos to enlarge them
Basket: with brown
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each (12) *work starting yarn tail into this row
3) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
4) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (24)
5) 1sc in next 6st, 2sc in next 6st, 1sc in next 6st, 2sc in next 6st (36)
6) 1sc in each of the BLO for 1 row (36)
7) 1sc in next 7st then 2tog (32)
8-11) 1sc in each st for 4 rows
sl st next st and f/o. Weave in yarn tail
1) ch30 *begin with a long yarn tail, you'll use this for sewing.
2) starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, sc in each ch (29)
f/o leaving a long yarn tail. Weave the yarn tail across the handle to the other side. Knot off. Use this yarn tail to sew the handle to the basket. The ends of the handle should be touching the bottom of the basket when you sew the in.
And you're done. I hope you enjoyed this pattern. If you'd like to show off the basket of carrots you can post pictures on my facebook page, I'd love to see!
My hope is that you have enjoyed this pattern. You may sell finished products. Do not reprint this pattern. If you'd like to share this pattern please link back to it.