I designed this purse for the Dress Me Bunny but you can use this purse and carrots to
go with other bunny patterns as well.
There is also a Basket of Carrots pattern available right here.
I hope you enjoy!
Copyright 2015 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
Attention members of all cross stitch and DIY sites
Read this copyright notice.
Red Heart Comfort yarn Tango 3232 and Emerald 3233
4.00mm hook for purse
3.75mm hook for carrots
blunt end yarn needle for sewing
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
BLO = Back Loops Only
f/o = finish off
Read me ~> Work in continuous rounds, do not join. Add in a marker at the end of row 2 and move that marker at the end of every row. Read the rows the same way I explain how to read them in the Bunny patternCarrot: with orange (2 carrots fill the purse but 3 will fit nicely)
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 5st (5)
2) 1sc in each for 1 row
3) 2sc in first st then 1sc in next 4st (6)
4) 1sc in each st for 1 row
5) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (8)
6) 1sc in next 3st then 2sc in next st (10)
7) 1sc in each st for 1 row
sl st next st and f/o. Stuff the carrot with the remaining yarn tail
insert green into any back loop of row 7 and sc into every 2nd blo. f/o leave a short tail.
Root about 4 strands of green yarn through the carrot top. Cut to desired length. Split all the strands or leave them as they are.
click on photos to enlarge them
Purse: start with orange
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each (12)
3) 1sc in next 3st then 2sc in next st (15)
4) 1sc in next 4st then 2sc in next st (18)
5) 1sc in next 5st then 2sc in next st (21)
6) 1sc in each st for 1 row
7) 1sc in next 6st then 2sc in next st (24)
8) 1sc in each st for 1 row switch to green on last st (24)
9) ch2 then 1sc in next st, repeat all the way around
10) ch23 and sl st directly across into any exposed st. f/o and weave in yarn tail.
*Optional if you would like to close up the purse:
ch38 and f/o leaving a bit of a yarn tail for weaving. Weave this chain in and out through row 9 then cut the yarn tails free leaving just a bit of length so that the chain does not eventually unravel. You can also add a bit of glue to the end knots if you're worried but it's not totally necessary.
Put in 2 carrots and cinch up the chain to close the purse. The carrot tops should be sticking out making the purse look like one big carrot. I think the purse looks great open or closed so you decide if you want to add in that chain or not.
Click on photos to enlarge them
And you're done. I hope you enjoyed this pattern. If you'd like to show off the purse you can post pictures on my facebook page, I'd love to see!
My hope is that you have enjoyed this pattern. You may sell finished products. Do not reprint this pattern. If you'd like to share this pattern please link back to it.