This dress was designed to fit the Dress Me Bunny. I designed this dress using only
single crochet stitches in hopes that those just starting out in crochet can make one without frustration. There will be a video tutorial right here.You can now scroll down this page for the dress pattern.
Copyright 2015 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
Bright yellow and a very small amount of white Red Heart Comfort yarn
use the same hook size you used to make the bunny
blunt end yarn needle for sewing
3 sets of snap closures * you can use another method for closing like Velcro or buttons
regular sewing needle and thread for snap closures
(sewing thread should match or be similar to color of dress)
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
2tog = crochet 2 stitches together
ch = chain
f/o = finish off
Simple Dress Using Single Crochet Stitches ~ video tutorial here
(need help working a chain, click here for a brief video tutorial)
Dress: starting with yellow *ch1 and turn at the end of every row between rows 2-18
2) start in 2nd st from hook, 1sc in each st (28)
3) 1sc in next 6st then 2sc in next st (32)
4) 1sc in next 7st then 2sc in next st (36)
5-6) 1sc in each st for 2 rows
7) 1sc in next 8st then 2sc in next st (40)
8-9) 1sc in each st for 2 rows
10) 1sc in next 9st then 2sc in next st (44)
11) 1sc in next 10st then 2sc in next st (48)
12) 1sc in next 11st then 2sc in next st (52)
13) 1sc then 2sc in next st (78)
14) 1sc in next 5st then 2sc in next st (91)
15-17) 1sc in each st for 3 rows
18) 1sc in next 5st then 2tog, switch colors on last 2tog (78)
19) 1sc in each st. f/o weave in yarn tails.
Place the dress onto the bunny. Take note where the middle snap closure should be sewn on making sure you have made room for the tail. Sew the snaps in place using similar color thread to your dress.
Click on photos to enlarge them
Straps: make 2 with dress color
1) ch13 begin with a long starting yarn tail. You will use this yarn tail for sewing.
2) start in 2nd ch from hook, 1sc in each ch (12)
f/o with a long yarn tail. Weave this yarn tail to the other side of the strap and knot off at the end. Use this yarn tail for sewing. Place dress onto the bunny and take note where the straps should go. Sew the ends of the straps in place. Make sure you have room for the arm to go through before sewing both ends in place.
1) chain about 100 -110. You can add more or less depending on desired length. f/o and leave a length for sewing. Thread the finishing yarn tail through your yarn needle and weave that in and out through the dress pulling the chain through as you weave. Go in about a half inch from the edge and finish the weaving about a half inch from the edge of the dress on the other end. Cut the yarn tails off about a quarter inch from the knot on each end of the chain. Rub a little glue on the knots if you're worried they will come loose.
Shoes: make 2 with dress color
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each (12)
3) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
4) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (24)
5) 1sc in next 3st then 2sc in next st (30)
6-9) 1sc in each st for 4 rows
10) 1sc in next 3st then 2tog (24)
11) 1sc in next st then ch8 then sl st into the 12st from the start of the chain. f/o and weave in yarn tail.
My hope is that you have enjoyed this pattern. You may sell finished products. Do not reprint this pattern. If you'd like to share this pattern please link back to it.