If you plan to make and sell this doll please provide a link back to the pattern or kindly credit the designer. This pattern was designed by Sharon Ojala of Amigurumi To Go and is to remain free.
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
BLO = back loops only
2tog = 2 stitches together
ch1 = chain one
How To Crochet A Greg Doll part one
1) magic circle with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each st (12)
3) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
4) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in next st (24)
5) 1sc in next 3st then 2sc in next st (30)
6) 1sc in next 4st then 2sc in next st (36)
7-11) 1sc in each st for 5 rows (36)
12) 1sc in the next 2st then 2tog (27)
13) 1sc in each st for 1 row (27)
14+) 1sc then 2tog until you are left with 8st (8)
* Before the hole gets too small stuff and shape head
* Continue on with the neck
1-3) 1sc in each st for 3 rows
1) 2sc in each st (16)
2) 1sc in the next 3st then 2sc in the 4th st (20)
3-11) 1sc in each st for 9 rows (20)
12-13) 1sc in the FLO for 2 rows (20)
By crocheting in the front loops for the last 2 rows you created a couple edges on the inside as pictured below. This is where you insert the color you will use for the shorts (black). Use the edge that is furthest from you when you look inside.
1) Insert and sc in each st (20)**The line inside you are about to crochet into does not appear even but it will even out when you crochet the one loop to the next. (enlarge the picture above by clicking on it to see what I mean).
2+) In the BLO, 2tog until you close the gap.
** Remember to finish stuffing the body before you close up the hole
* Legs and shorts will be done in 2 pieces
With Black for shorts:
1) Magic circle with 5 st (5)
2) 2sc in each st (10)
3-4) 1sc in each st for 2 rows (10)
5-7) 1sc in the FLO for 3 rows (10)Finish off
LEGS With White:
1) Magic circle with 6 st (6)
2-12) 1sc in each st for 11 rows
13) 2sc in each st (12)
14) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
15) 1sc in each st (18)
16) 1sc in the BLO for 1 row (18)
17) In the BLO 2tog over the next 12 stfinish off
Assembling of Legs and shorts:
Bend a pipe cleaner so 2 halves are same length as leg and wrap the remaining pipe around finger as pictured below. Insert into leg and shape foot as desired. Fiddle around with it until you are happy with the shape and also the leg should stand up on it's own. Cut a piece of white felt and hot glue it to bottom of foot.
Insert the leg into the black shorts' piece you made earlier and sew together. This only takes a couple of stitches and do not sew around bottom edge of shorts but rather up near the top. And sew to body
ARMS with White:
1) magic circle with 6 st (6)
2-11) 1sc in each st for 10 rows (6)
12) 2sc in each st (12)
13) 1sc in next 2st the 2tog (9)
*Optional, if you want bendable arms the insert pipe cleaner as pictured. If not then continue on with row 14+ and DO NOT stuff.
14+)1sc the 2tog until you close the gap. Finish off and leave long tail for sewing and shaping hand.
1) Magic circle 4. Do not join.
ch1 and turn. (4)
2) 1sc then 2sc in the next 2st then 1sc in last st.
ch1 and turn. (6)
3) 1sc in next 2st then 2sc in the next 2st then 1sc in the last 2st (8)
Finish off. Leave long tail for sewing.
1) magic circle 4 (4)
2) 2sc in each st (8)
3-4) 1sc in each st for 2 rows (8)
5) 1sc in the next 6st and then 2tog (6)
leave a long tail and cut
Stuff nose. Weave the end of the tail in and out around the open edge of the nose and then pull until the gap closes up. Sew onto face
1) magic circle with 8 st (8)
2) 2sc in each st (16)
3) 1sc then 2sc in the next st (24)
4-5) 1sc in each st for 2 rows (24)
6) 2tog then 1sc in the next 2st (18)
7) 1sc in each (18)
8) 2tog then 1sc in the next 2st(13)
9) 1sc in each st (13)
10) ch1 turn, 1sc in the FLO in each of the next 6st
11) ch1 turn, 1sc in the BLO in each of the next 6st
12-14) 1sc in each st for the next 3 rows
finish off and weave in end*** For the straps, make 2) ch 16, 1sc in each chain (15) sew on backpack
|Make a little diary and put it inside|
So now we're finished and you have your own Diary of a Wimpy Kid Inspired doll!