Copyright 2013 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
2tog = 2 stitches togethersl st = slip stitch
f/o = finish off
What I used to make the Bunny:
Body, Ears, Tires, Blanket Holder: worsted weight yarn medium #4
9mm black safety eyes
9mm safety nose
Pieces of Felt
Special notes: I worked in continuous rounds with a 3.75mm hook. Have any questions or if you come across a mistake in the pattern please leave a message in the comment section below.
* I put one eye in between the 8th and 9th row and the other eye in between the 15th and 16th row. The nose is centered just below the eyes. It is difficult to get the yarn close to the safety nose once it's installed so insert a length of yarn through first where the nose goes in then put the nose in. Shape the mouth then knot off the ends on the inside of the head, refer to picture
** for step by step video tutorial click here
1) magic circle with 6st (6) *click here for a magic circle tutorial
2) 2sc in each st (12)3) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
4) 1sc in next 2st, 2sc in next st (24)
5) 1sc in next 3st, 2sc in next st (30)
6) 1sc in next 4st, 2sc in next st (36)
7) 1sc in next 5st, 2sc in next st (42)
8-26) 1sc in each st for 19 rows
27) 1sc in next 5st, 2tog (36)
28) 1sc in next 4st, 2tog (30)
* stuff and shape the body as you stuff. Continue to stuff as you close up the body
29) 1sc in next 3st, 2tog (24)
30) 1sc in next 2st, 2tog (18)
31) 1sc in next st, 2tog (12)
32+) 2tog until you close the gap. f/o and hide remaining yarn tail in body
1) magic circle with 5st (5)
2) 2sc in each st (10)
3-9) 1sc in each st for 7 rows
sl st into next st and f/o leaving long tail for sewing. You do not stuff the ears
hot glue a piece of red felt to the front of the ear leaving a row between the bottom of the felt and the bottom of the ear as pictured.
TIRES make 8:
* I used black yarn for the tires but if you find it difficult to work with black yarn then choose another color. Tires don't need to be black :)
1) magic circle with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each st (12)
3) 1sc then 2sc in next st (18)
sl st into next st and f/o leaving long tail for sewing.
Sew 2 pieces together. Cut a small circle from white felt. I used a penny as a template. Hot glue the circles to one side of a tire. Sew the top part of the tires to the Bunny, sewing around the felt OR sew the tires in place then glue on the felt pieces. Do whatever is easiest for you
BLANKET & BLANKET HOLDER:
1) chain 10
2) starting with the 2nd ch from the hook, 1sc across the chain (9)
f/o leaving a long tail for sewing.
cut a piece of red felt in a rectangular shape, roll it up and place on top of chain, sew ends of the chain together then sew to top of Bunny in line with the ears
cut a piece of orange felt and hot glue in place
And that's it. I hope you enjoyed the pattern and got your Ambulance Bunny made. If you did make a Bunny, please post pictures on my facebook page Amigurumi Freely, I would love to see!
There's more fabulous Bunnies in this series! Look in the label list on the right side of this page.
Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and help keep the patterns free. If you do give a donation, please except this note as my sincere thanks and know that you have helped a great deal.
Many Blessings to you!
Many Blessings to you!