A heart for every day,
A great heart to be used as an applique. Sew to clothing, backpacks, or even cards. Or make 2 and sew them together. This works well as an additional piece for your amigurumi. Amigurumis do love to hold hearts!
I used this heart for my latest bear pattern called, "Bee Mine Teddy Bear" You can pick up the bear pattern here.
I actually designed this heart in 2014. It's been in a post with different sized hearts here on my blog so I just took it out and decided to post it by itself. I also updated
the video tutorial, linked below.
Scroll down this page to view the written pattern. There is a green print friendly button at the bottom of all my patterns. I hope you enjoy!
Copyright 2017 Author: Sharon Ojala - Amigurumi To Go, All rights reserved
small amount of Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry Red
4.00 mm hook
blunt end yarn needle for sewing
for puffier hearts, small amount of stuffing or yarn
View full video tutorial here
Small Heart Pillow or Applique: Make 2 per Pillow. Make 1 per applique
1) magic circle or adjustable loop with 6st (6)
2) 2sc in each st (12) *if you are making an applique work the starting yarn tail into this row.
3) 1sc in next 3st, 3sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sl st next 2st (don't pull the sl st too tight, you'll need to crochet into these in the next row), 2sc in next st, 3sc in next st, 1sc in next 3st (18)
4) 1sc in first st then (1hdc in next st then put a sc in the top of the hdc and a sc in the bottom of the hdc) 1sc in next 3st, 2sc in next st, 2hdc next 2st, 1sc in next st, sl st next st, 1sc in next st, 2hdc in next 2st, 2sc in next st and 1sc in next 4st (26 )
5) You will use only 3st of this row. 1sc in next 2st, sl st next st then f/o and pull tight.
For one side of the balloon you leave a long tail for sewing. The yarn tails of the 2nd side will be tucked in between.
To make an applique you will need to hide the finishing yarn tail as instructed below.
To make a more puffy heart, no need to worry about hiding finishing yarn tail. Tuck one yarn tail in between the 2 heart pieces and use the other to sew the pieces together.
Place wrong sides together and sew the back loops together all the way around. You can leave them unstuffed or stuff them to make them puffier.
If you want to stuff, sew all the way around leaving a small gap. Use a pencil to push the stuffing in and around the entire heart. Once done, finish sewing up the gap.
My hope is that you have enjoyed this pattern. You may sell finished products. Do not reprint this pattern. If you'd like to share this pattern please link back to it.